Thursday, June 6, 2013

Embrace the Chaos



Landon is two months old today. It’s hard to believe that these first two months have flown by so fast. They’ve gone so fast that it’s been almost that long since I’ve written anything here.

Actually, I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with this blog… since we’re not in Costa Rica anymore and I don’t have anymore crazy bug stories or whatever. And so I’m trying to figure out whether to keep writing or not and what the focus would be, etc. But one of the reasons I haven’t written is obviously because we had a baby. And my focus has been precisely that – little baby Landon and adjusting to life with two kids!

It seems we’ve been doing a lot of adjusting lately. And with that adjusting has come a fair share of chaos. I’m not too good with chaos – I like order and I like to control things – so with the transitions and moving and ups and downs and especially with a baby, I’m learning to let go. And my mantra to myself lately has been, “Embrace the chaos.”

When there are three loads of laundry to be folded, one in the wash, and another pile of dirty clothes on the floor, I tell myself “embrace it” {because this much laundry means we have the blessing of a baby in the house}



When we’re up several times a night, and wake up feeling like we got hit by a train I remind myself again, “embrace it” {because being this tired only comes when you’re caring for an infant and this little one was an answer to prayer}

When the kitchen counter is covered in clutter or you can’t see the rug on the floor because it’s covered in dog hair, I repeat to myself, “embrace it, embrace it” {because this mess means my priorities are in the right place – taking care of my two children and sometimes even making a decent dinner for all of us}

Some days are easier than others. But overall, I am filled with joy because we have this precious baby boy who we waited a long time for. I am trying to relish in this phase of life because I know it won’t last forever. One day my sassy four-year old will be 14 (and be even more sassy) and my baby boy won’t be a baby anymore (and hopefully be a little less sassy than his big sister). Time goes fast. So I’m trying to embrace it, all of it, even in the chaos.

Some of the 'chaos' of the last couple months has included:

Kate's Fourth Birthday!



Bowlin' at Big Al's with G-Pa!
Doing a birthday curtsy

Pinata time!
Going to gymnastics and ballet classes



And of course, the boy



A month ago... already changed so much!
In one my of favorite outfits from friends Gabi and Esteban in CR!
On Grandmama's chest.
 And the thing we spend the most time doing with little Landon: burping him and washing all his crazy spit up off of everything!!

2 comments:

  1. You could change the name, url and tagline to something more general about you and just keep right on blogging! Costa Rica was a part of your life that is worth writing about and worth reading.. as is all the non Costa Rica parts. Candidly.. the bug parts kinda freaked me out a bit. :-P I thought you were a very brave woman to stop long enough to take pictures. hahahaha

    Landon is adorable. He looks like he is absolutely in heaven on his grandma's chest. Like his heartbeat time is the most amazing thing to him ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! I hope you all had a great summer together! My name is Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete